Our client formulates and manufactures polyurethane insulation, elastomers and coating systems and is looking for a Chemical Laboratory Technician to join a dynamic technical team focusing on the development of new products.
- Fundamental knowledge of chemistry or materials engineering preferably to degree level. Whilst not essential a working knowledge of Polyurethane chemistry would be advantageous.
- To design, co-ordinate and execute several product development programmes to deliver new technologies within an agreed time scale.
- Should have some experience working in a R&D laboratory. Whilst not essential, experience in the industrial insulation, coatings, adhesive or elastomers markets would be advantageous.
- To help the business drive through scale up and to commercial launch.
- Good understanding of material mechanical properties and polymer characterisation
- Ability to work through problems in a logical way and be creative in the proposed solutions.
- To adopt and drive company safety standards and procedures and work in accordance with existing policies.
- Good organisation skills with an ability to prioritise and schedule work.
- Effective communication skills within the team and also to customer and senior managers.
- The role will involve some degree of UK and European travel.
This is a full-time permanent role, 36.25 per week, early finish on Friday.
Competitive Salary, will be scaled according to experience.